HUMMUS RECIPE


HUMMUS RECIPE

http://www.mydailysalver.com/2015/05/hummus-recipe.html


A dip made from cooked chickpeas mashed together with the lovely tahini sauce ,lemon juice, garlic and olive oil.
A middle eastern treat which goes well together with vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian appetisers. This.This wonderful dip can also be served alone with pita chips/salads and other snacks.It blends wonderfully with vegetarian dishes and enhances the taste of many meat based appetizers as well.
Recently,I had this rich sauce/dip with the lovely shawarma roll and beetroot salad.Oh!! it was delicious and it left a wonderful aftertaste in my mouth, which I still remember.
This recipe here is my adaptation from many recipes I have tried recently but couldn’t get that exact flavor which I was searching for.Then I made changes accordingly to taste.And This recipe I can say is the nearest to the market style I have eaten .I also have a tahini sauce recipe on my blog on the link below.

Serves:                    2 cups
My cup size:          200 ml
Preparation time:  overnight
Cooking time:      10 minutes
Difficulty level:      Easy
Cuisine:         Middle Eastern



Ingredients :
2 cups chickpeas (soaked overnight, boiled and drained)
4 tsp. tahini sauce
2 garlic cloves crushed
1 tsp. salt
6 tbsp. olive oil (extra virgin)
3 ½ tbsp. lemon juice
Paprika / red chilli powder to taste to garnish
Coriander leaves to garnish

Method:
1.     In a food processor, grind together chickpeas, tahini sauce, garlic cloves, salt, lemon juice and olive oil to a paste.
2.     Serve in a bowl and garnish with some olive oil, paprika and coriander leaves.

3.     Refrigerate for about 20 minutes before serving. 

Like us at:https://www.facebook.com/mydailysalver




2 comments:

  1. Hi tried this recipe. It came out tummy. I even tried christmas plum cake earlier...your recipes are. Very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blog.recipes are easy to follow.will surely try one soon.

    ReplyDelete